The Single Skin (aka Snake Skin) is a simple and effective way to store tarps for quick deployment and setting up in windy conditions.
- Available in either a tapered or non-tapered version
- Tapered Version (Works well with newer lightweight tarp fabrics)
Standard Width: 5.5" at wide end and tapers to @ 1.25"
Wide Width (good for fabrics like Silpoly XL or Xenon Wide): 7" at wide end, tapering to @ 2"
- Non Tapered Version (Better for bulky tarps such as DCF or heavier, thicker fabrics)
Standard Width: 5.5" at both ends
Wide Width: 7" at both ends
- Drawstring at wide ends to secure tarp within flys
- Optional Pockets include one at each end. The ones at wide ends will have their own drawcord, which keeps ridgeline cords from falling out. Please note that the pockets at the narrow end on tapered versions, is long and narrow due to the limits of the small opening.
- Please note that sil skins may have a seam from joining two pieces together. This allows better use of the material (i.e. keeps costs lower) and does not affect the overall function of the skin
- Weights: will vary depending on length/material/pockets
Close to 1 oz for asym or short tarps in .9 netting to about 2 oz for longer ones in sil with pockets. Average weight is @ 1.5 oz