Update 4/1/23 - There are several new options available on the Eclipse.
- Outer and Inner Fabrics can be chosen seperately
- Choose between a cinch collar, insulated draft collar, or no collar
- A variety of footbox sizes to support a wider range of foot sizes
The Eclipse Top Quilt is the perfect complement to your hanging experience. When used in conjunction with a UQ, it maximizes heat retention for a toasty night, no matter the conditions.
It utilizes Apex Climashield insulation and either Argon 90 or Ion fabrics as your shell material. I am currently keeping the 2.5, 3.6, 5.0 and 6.0 weights in stock. I am currently not offering it in the 7.5 oz or 10.0 oz weights.
- Made from using Dutch's Ion fabric or the Argon (49, 67 or 90) line of materials (custom fabrics are possible as well)
- Synthetic Apex Climashield insulation for ideal performance in wet conditions
- Generous length for the option to pull quilt over face if desired
- Length - Short (up to @ 5’6”), Regular (up to @ 6’2”), Long (over 6’2”)
- Length Measurements - Short - 72"; Regular - 78"; Long - 84"
- Width - Standard (@ 49/50” wide) or Wide (@ 57/58” wide, good for broad shoulders)
- Sewn Foot Box
- 4 loop sets on top half of quilt for options to secure to pads or cinching up closer to body
- Includes stuff sack
- Optional Compression Sack (long term storage in a compression sack is not advisable. Letting your UQ air as much as possible will extend its longevity)
- Weight will vary depending on options chosen (see below chart) **
- The top edge of the quilt can be customized with no collar for a simple, no frills approach. A regular cinch collar (.4 oz) helps to keep the quilt closer to the next, blocking drafts.,. An insulated draft collar (1.5 oz) helps with drafts and heat retention as well.
- Footbox sizes are customizable
- Small - 36" Circumference - Up to around size 8 Men's
- Regular - 40" Circumference - Good to size 12 Men's
- Large - 46" Circumference - Size 13 Men's and up
Temperature ratings* on insulation weights:
2.5 oz - 50o F
3.6 oz - 40o F
5.0 oz - 30o F
6.0 oz - 20o F
*Please note that temperature ratings are from the manufacturer of Apex Climashield. They are considered comfort ratings and from customer feedback, that has held true in most cases. However, there are many factors that can affect ones' comfort level including whether one sleeps cold or hot, wind chill, humidity among other things.
|2.5 oz||13.41 oz
|3.6 oz||16.56 oz
|5.0 oz||20.58 oz
|6.0 oz||23.45 oz
|2.5 oz||14.39 oz
|3.6 oz||17.54 oz
|5.0 oz||21.56 oz
|6.0 oz||24.43 oz
** Displayed weights are estimates based on the advertised weights of the materials used. Actual weight may vary slightly.