The perfect choice for the ultralight hammock backpacker.
The Simplicity tarp offers the basic level of protection from the elements at the lightest weight possible. It is designed as a minimalist tarp for light rain and as a sun shade. It does not function as well in blowing wind and rain and extreme wind can possibly damage the tarp.
Now available in 2 lengths:
- Standard is good for up to 11' hammocks
- Extra Long works well with 12' hammocks (or if you like extra coverage for shorter hammocks)
- Size(measured from corner to corner): 140" x 110"
- Reinforced corner tieouts
- Ground tie outs feature Line Loc 3's for easy tensioning
- To help visualize the setup of an asym Tarp, imagine a parallelogram shaped tarp with the ridgeline running along the distance between the two furthest points
Please note: Since this is an asymmetrical product, you will need to decide which orientation you would like if you sleep in a diagonal in your hammock. If you sleep with your head to the right of the hammock and feet to the left, choose the "head right/ left feet" orientation.
Also, since the ridgeline of the tarp runs along the bias (or angle) of the fabric, there is no ridgeline seam. Due to fabric stretching along the bias, your ridgeline will not be as "tight" as standard tarps. Exercise care until you are familiar with setting it up that you do not over tighten your ridgeline.
- Asym Tarp & Stuff Sack
- Weights will vary depending on fabric and options chosen.
- Various Lengths of Reflective Guyline
- Zing It, Flyz, Spliced Flyz or Dutchware Continuous Ridgeline
- (2) Aluminum V-stakes, UL Titanium or Heavy Duty Titanium Stakes
# Applies only to solid standard silpoly colors. Printed or non-standard silpoly options may cost more, please contact me for details