The perfect choice for the ultralight hammock backpacker.
The Simplicity tarp offers the basic level of protection from the elements at the lightest weight possible. It is designed as a minimalist tarp for light rain and as a sun shade. It does not function as well in blowing wind and rain and extreme wind can possibly damage the tarp.
If you choose a U-Pick color(which only applies to the solid colors and not any specialty printed fabrics), these are ordered as needed from either Dutchware(Xenon Sil lines) or Ripstopbytheroll (Silpoly lines), so please verify colors and availability at their respective sites.
- Standard Size(measured from corner to corner): 140" x 110" (@146" X 120" for Silpoly XL or Xenon Sil Wide)
- Ridgeline runs along longest length - 140" (146" for Silpoly XL or Xenon Sil Wide)
- Reinforced corner tieouts
- Optional Storm Mode Tie Outs - allow for shortening ridgeline and lowering tarp sides slightly to ride out heavier storms
- Ground tie outs can be configured with a variety of tie out options
- To help visualize the setup of an asym Tarp, imagine a parallelogram shaped tarp with the ridgeline running along the distance between the two furthest points
- Available in two lengths, standard and XL (adds 12” to length)
Please note: Since this is an asymmetrical product, you will need to decide which orientation you would like if you sleep in a diagonal in your hammock. When laying on your back in the hammock and looking up, if you sleep with your head to the right of the hammock and feet to the left, choose the "head right/left feet" orientation, or vice versa.
Also, since the ridgeline of the tarp runs along the bias (or angle) of the fabric, there is no ridgeline seam. Due to fabric stretching along the bias, your ridgeline will not be as "tight" as standard tarps. Exercise care until you are familiar with setting it up that you do not over tighten your ridgeline.
- Asym Tarp & Stuff Sack
- Weights will vary depending on fabric and options chosen (see charts below)
- 2mm Reflective Guyline in various lengths (Does not work with Line Lock V's or Line Lock Lites (10mm version)
- Zing It, Flyz, Spliced Flyz or Dutchware Continuous Ridgeline
- (2) Aluminum V-stakes, UL Titanium Stakes
- Tie outs can be configured with:
Line Loc 3's (standard on my tarps, work best with 1.5-2.5mm line)
Line Lock V - Small "v" groove can hold line as small a 1mm
Line Lock Lite (10mm) - works well with line around 1.5mm)
Line Lock Lite (15mm) - lighter version of Line Loc 3's holding 2-3mm line)
- Patch Kit - Perfect for emergency repairs or there is even enough caulk that it can be used to reseal the seams if that ever needs to be done in the future. Includes small tube of silicone caulk, 12" x 12" matching fabric (custom tarps may not have quite a large piece, but will include what is available), stir stick (caulk can either be applied directly to tarp without diluting, or it can be diluted for thinner applications).
|Fabric Type||Standard Length||XL Length|
|Xenon Sil .9||5.25 oz||5.75 oz|
|Silpoly 1.1||6.75 oz||7.45 oz|
|Silnylon 1.1||7.0 oz||7.75 oz|
|Xenon Sil 1.1||7.0 oz||7.75 oz|
|Xenon Sil Wide||7.95 oz||8.75 oz|
Accessory Weight Averages
|Accessory Type||Average Weight|
|(2) V-Stakes||.72 oz|
|(2) Light Duty Ti Stakes||.46 oz|
|(2) Heavy Duty Ti Stakes||.8|
|10’ Standard Reflective Guyline||.25 oz|
|10’ Premium Lawson Glowire||.58 oz|
|25’ Zing It||.53 oz|
|Pair of Dutch Flyz Spliced to Zing It||.68 oz|
|Dutch Continuous Ridgeline||.88 oz|
|Patch Kit||2 oz|