The Trail Winder Asym UQ used the standalone UQP as a starting point and then adds a layer of asymmetrical Apex Climashield insulation to make it an effective Underquilt. I am currently stocking the 3.6 & 6.0 oz weights, but can order the others as needed.
Using either Argon 90 or calendered Ion Fabric, it provides resistance to wind and rain as well.
- Made from either Calendered Ion or Argon 90 (custom fabrics are possible as well)
- Layer of Apex Climashield insulation sewn in at your preferred lay orientation (currently stocked weights are 3.6 oz or 6.0 oz, others can be ordered)
- Length - Standard is 106", but if you prefer more coverage for your hammock, longer lengths are available (although it should be at least a foot shorter than your hammock length to account for the UQ suspension)
- Width - 55-57" (depends on starting width of fabric)
- Suspension included - Fixed loop foot end and adjustable shock cord loop at head end with Mini Biners. Extra shock cord included if you prefer fixed shock cord loops.
- 5' section on each side is shock corded. Easily adjust how snug it is to your UQ or hammock
- Includes stuff sack
- Weight will vary depending on options chosen, but average weight for standard length Ion is 17 oz, Argon 90 is 16 oz in the Apex 3.6 oz Insulation.
- For reference, the shiny side would be facing up (next to the hammock), while the duller side with the DWR treatment would be towards the ground
Rough temperature estimates on insulation weights:
2.5 oz - 50o F
3.6 oz - 40o F
5.0 oz - 30o F
6.0 oz - 20o F
7.5 oz - 10o F
10 oz - -5o F